The Marketing, Content & Event Coordinator serves mostly in the Coach Brett Blair brand, although he/she will likely have some responsibilities within the Blair Leadership Group Executive Coaching and Sanford Rose Associates- Blair Leadership Group brands, as well. This intern reports to the marketing director.
In general, this intern will work closely with the marketing director to plan overall strategy, marketing campaigns, branding updates and projects. This intern has three primary responsibilities:
1. Cultivating and improving the BEST LIFE Movement, a community of people who desire to live their best lives and help others do the same. The movement was started by Coach Brett Blair, but all members contribute. The movement allows members to learn about various high-performance topics and habits that lead to heightened and sustained levels of clarity, energy, courage, productivity and influence in all areas of life, for the rest of life.
2. Planning the BEST LIFE Summit, the BEST LIFE Movement’s annual live event where attendees hear from high-energy speakers on various high-performance topics, as well as celebrate purposeful living at a post-event dining experience. We are expecting 150+ people at the 2018 summit, located in Research Triangle Park.
3. Assisting in the creation of various coaching curriculum, including that of the Coach Brett Blair Coach to Coach program, which Brett teaches clients how to become a high-performance coach themselves; the Coach Brett Blair High-Performance Coaching program, which is the framework that Brett uses to coach his high-performance life coaching clients; and the Coach Brett Blair High-Performance Executive Coaching program, which Brett uses to coach his executive coaching clients.
Secondary responsibilities include marketing tasks within various aspects of Blair Leadership Group, including web development and maintenance, social media marketing, email marketing, campaign creation, print material development, search engine optimization, photo and video shooting, etc.
Specific Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Primary responsibilities
- Cultivate and improve the BEST LIFE Movement:
- Email list and Facebook group facilitation: Create and send content, value, workshop invitations, general updates and marketing campaigns through our contact management and email system.
- Update contact management system
- Plan, implement and sometimes facilitate monthly workshops: Market the workshop, carry out all planning logistics, oversee creative capturing of workshop content (photo, video, etc.), design workshop Keynote/presentation, lead workshops (optional), plan content of workshops, write copy for event description, post event information on website/event portal/community calendar
- Discover and implement new initiatives that encourage growth, improvement and engagement in the movement
- Plan the BEST LIFE Summit:
- Assist marketing director in planning the event from the beginning to the end
- Serve as the event’s assistant day-of coordinator
- Assist in the creation of various coaching curriculum:
- Assist the company’s president with creating curriculum content through research efforts
- Cultivate and improve the BEST LIFE Movement:
- Secondary responsibilities include assisting with:
- Coach Brett Blair social media, email list, blog, website
- Blair Leadership Group Executive Coaching website, LinkedIn and email marketing efforts
- Sanford Rose Associates email and LinkedIn marketing initiatives
- Brand development and creation
- Improving general marketing efforts
- Utilizing any special skills to serve the company (photography, videography, web design, email marketing, blogging, etc.)
Ideal candidates have a diverse set of the following skills. Please note not all of the skills are required, and we enjoy tailoring internships according to an interns’ skills and interests, while also challenging them in their weaknesses and in new topics:
An ideal intern resonates with our company’s core values:
- We strive to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle
- We are committed to growth.
- We treat people with respect. Always.
- We believe in the win-win in an abundant universe
- We believe the best is yet to come.
Interns are hard-workers, have entrepreneurial spirits, are willing to tackle unfamiliar challenges, show up on time, are independently organized, work their hours without being told, offer ideas confidently, enjoy meeting new people, understand that there are ups and downs to business, assume the best in others, and have a zest for life.
- Web content creation & design (no coding necessary)
- Online advertising
- Content marketing
- Flyer and brochure creation/design
- Graphic design
- Professional and creative writing
- Email marketing
- Curriculum creation
- Statistical analyzation
- Search engine optimization
- Contact Management System management
- Event planning
- Public speaking
- General marketing
- Social media marketing and campaign creation
To view/download internship information in a PDF document, click here.